velke

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mikeymike, Jun 27, 2003.

1. mikeymike

mikeymike LawnSite Member

Are there any tips or tricks to using the velke? I know practice makes it easier but I just wanted to ask the professionals.....

2. Keep both feet on it............

Lean into the turn.

3. ULTIMATE LAWN

ULTIMATE LAWN Banned
    from AL

I prefer to have my employees walk on the smaller props.

4. hubb

hubb LawnSite Member

Yeah, watch your nuts when your coming off of a hill and about to make a turn. :eek:

(not that I've ever done that!;) )

5. He asked for tip's, not what you have your imaginary LCO do.

Where's the pics of this imaginary LCO you have, your credibility is close to rock bottom.

6. I purchased a velke for my hustler a month ago.I have tried to use it at home but ooo I am terrible at it but my 10 year old son really shows me up on it.I really havent given it a fair chance yet.When I get a chance and nobody is around I will try to learn it also.
    Thanks Mike for the tip I will lean into it next time then proably fall over the place cause I will still do something stupid:D

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

just think of it as a big ski....and don't hit your nutz either.

8. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

Not sure cause we primarily spray, and the few yards we do mow we don't use a velky. But it would appear to me that if you would practice on a parking lot, or even a wide open area without the blade running so you are concentrating on learning to keep your balance without worrying about your cut or uneven spots in the yard. Just an observation, not necessarily fact.:)

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

at the end of the day we always have races with the mowers and its more fun racing with a sulky on. The guys always look forward to end the day on a good note. Sometimes we will have it that the guy that wins gets free breakfast the next day.

10. Lawn DOG

Lawn DOG LawnSite Senior Member

What are your nutz doing on the ground? LMAO

I've used one for ten years and never hit my boys.

I have had the mower roll back and twist my ankle.

If you stand on it and try to find a wide open area to pratice it is really easy.....