1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Velke

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AndrewE, Mar 2, 2004.

1. AndrewE

AndrewE LawnSite Member

Where can I buy one on-line. Or a bullrider? I can't seem to find any. Thanks for your help. And I did use the seach.

2. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you do a search on the board or the net? Did you type in Velke online sales or Velke sales? I mean I can't see how if you did a search you didn't find it online. I think landscapers supplies sells them. J Thomas should sell them also.

3. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Andrew, try these guys out. www.powerzoneinc.com I ordered a 15 inch Velke 2 years ago, and received it 3 days after I called. Total was $259, which included taxes and shipping.

4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

5. kmeforou

kmeforou LawnSite Member

There is another kind out there that you may want to look at. I cannot think of the full name but part of the name is Jungle -----.
    Some of the dealers in our area tell me their customers prefer them because they have bigger tires and are better constructed.
    they do cost more, but not by much. I am thinking of getting one of these.

6. butler L&S

butler L&S LawnSite Member

Jungle Wheels. I use them on my Turf Tracer and Ransomes walk behind . If you run a hydro then Jungle wheels are the way to go. On belt drive mowers I prefer the 1 wheel Velke because it does not jacknife when you pull the mower back (I rarely use reverse gear on my toro belt drive).

7. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

find a used one on Ebay and pay about half if the shipping doesn't get too high.