velocity deck?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by logan, Aug 30, 2005.

1. logan

logan LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

I went to my dealer today and he showed me the new Scag "velocity deck". It has a wider opening for the discharged grass to escape better. If you have seen the Everride deck opening, it is a little smaller and the deck has traditional top on it. I am looking at buying a new mower with a 61inch deck and he can't even order it yet because it just came out. Has anyone heard of it? It says VELOCITY right on the top middle. He told me I could demo his 52inch Turf Tiger in a week or so to see if I like the design.

2. logan

from FL

I e-mailed the people at Scag. They told me that the new deck is the same as the advantage deck, but it has a wider opening for less clumping in certain situations.

3. logan

from FL

Has anyone tried it yet? Echo.....echo.......echo......Anyone there....hello?

4. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

I seen it at my dealer. They were intalling it, but they said it was a prototype deck. I didn't know it was coming out yet. It did have a big discharge opening, which it needs compared to ones now, wish I had the wider opening.

5. EXspyguy

EXspyguy LawnSite Member

Check out my post (with pictures) "06 exmarks", of the new x brand Triton mowing platform. Available Jan. 1

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Here it is!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

7. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

John,
    I will demo one in the spring when they come out and will let you know if they are as good as you say. Also, I take into consideration the rest of the components and how it is built.

Rob

8. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

can the new triton decks be retro fitted to an older lazer hp?