Velocity vs advantage deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by garyo, Feb 25, 2011.

1. garyo

garyo LawnSite Member
    from ohio

What is the major difference between these two decks? I'm interested in a 36" V Ride and it has the Advantage deck while the other models have the Velocity deck.

2. OrangeToys

OrangeToys LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW MO

I have both decks and if i could afford it i'd get rid of my advantage deck. The biggest difference is the chute opening. The Velocity deck opening is bigger, and I believe that the entire deck is deeper letting the tall grass stand back up better to get cut.

I can cut much taller grass on the first pass with the Velocity deck, where as the advantage deck i would have to mow 2-3 times more.

The reason the 36" is in a Velocity is because the deck just isn't big enough. I believe the advantage deck opening is already open to its max without wrapping around to the back side of the deck.

Hope that helps.

3. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

On a 36" they left the advanatage because it was fine.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. bock

bock LawnSite Member

The 36 v ride cuts fine with the advantage. I have one and I put it through its paces with tall grass and leaves.. seems to cut fine. One tip is get some gators for the spring and fall. The reason there is not velocity 36 is they couldnt really improve the design and flow of grass any better in such a small package.