Vendors License

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by BLC1, Feb 26, 2008.

1. BLC1

BLC1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I am filling out the application for obtaining a vendors license. I have a couple questions about it. On the top line, it asks for the Ohio corporate #...what is that? Is that just left blank if I am not a corp?

What is cumulative return authority?

It asks for Legal Name (Corp, Sole owner, partnership). and then for Trade name or DBA.... Do I put LLC, then my company name in trade name?

2. BLC1

from Ohio

Also, what NAICS code do you use in Ohio?

3. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

are you applying for a vendors license or a service vendors license? i dont remember all that stuff on the app when i got mine.

4. abuckeye

abuckeye LawnSite Member

For a service vendors licence application they want your EIN or SSN or Ohio corp charter #. Then they want the type of ownership, i.e. LLC, partnership, etc. Put your legal name and leave the DBA blank unless you use a DBA.
    I just pulled mine out of the file. Hope that helps.
    Tom

5. abuckeye

abuckeye LawnSite Member

The NAICS code for lawn & landscaping is 561730. They should be on the back of the application.

6. BLC1

from Ohio

The form just says application for vendors license to make taxable sales. Is there a different license I should be applying for that is for service providers?

Thanks for the code, they didn't have anything listed on the back of the form.

7. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

you need a service vendors license since you are selling a servicenot in retail sales.

8. BLC1

from Ohio

OK, just printed it out. Thanks.

9. BLC1

from Ohio

Do you need to file just one, or one for each county you do work in? No where on the form does it ask me what county I'm in but the county collects sales tax doesn't it?