Ventrac

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hte, Mar 4, 2012.

1. hte

hte LawnSite Member

We cut some steep slopes and I was looking to possibly purchase a ventrac tractor. I believe that this would be a good tractor for hillside mowing.

Just curious what a 4000 series, gas tractor with a 60" deck would run?

2. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

You'll get a more accurate answer if you went on their website and found a dealer close to you and asked them to price it out for you. You could search eBay too. I haven't read on here of anyone that uses a Ventrac.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

15-20k, 15 for just the tractor.

4. homerescue

homerescue LawnSite Member
    from wv

21,000.00 and change for 31 turbo diesel and about 3100 and up for most decks. these are list most dealers are giving 15 % off list. put atv ag tires on mine and it will literally climb a tree. Have cut at 40 degrees maybe a hair more up and down. 30 degrees easy sideways. aerated on 30 degree slope also.:cool2:

5. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

How much for each attachment not just the mower deck?

6. homerescue

from wv

If you google some of their part numbers (ventrac) it will bring up some documents on prices from ventrac and dealers.It will give you retail and 15 % off price, To many to mention specifically.

7. newWNCowner

newWNCowner LawnSite Member

So I was curious with the ATV-Ag tires. Sounds like you have a challenging terrain and are happy. Do you have the dual wheel arrangement? If so any thoughts on a still tire and torque on the wheel extension? I am in a similar terrain and purchased for use with tuffcut deck--any thoughts? thanks

8. homerescue

from wv

Sorry forget the name but will try to remember to look at brand tomorrow. its kinda of a v lug pattern with knobbys on shoulder.

9. homerescue

from wv

I think it is the kenda bearclaw

10. newWNCowner

newWNCowner LawnSite Member

That is funny--exactly the brand i was looking at. So you seem happy..do you use a dual wheel kit? Thanks