Versa lok stairs

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Danielle8517, Jul 6, 2014.

1. E-mans Hardscapes

E-mans Hardscapes LawnSite Member

I'm not a business owner. I build what is on the plan. Answer the Ops question? Or did you miss place your graph paper? And you can't think on the fly?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Danielle8517

Danielle8517 LawnSite Member

Thanks for info

3. Danielle8517

Thank u very much for ur advice what do u use for railing and do u core drill them

4. E-mans Hardscapes

We sub out all fences and railings to a friend of the company. I'm not going to sit here and say that every set of steps has railings. That's between the homeowner and our business owner. Dvs just has to try and one up everyone. That's fine tho. I will take it as a compliment. Seeing as he quickly got off topic into what makes Him the Best stair builder to ever exist.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. E-mans Hardscapes

Weird!! [​IMG]

Remember guys. If you want to be a pro. You need to look like a pro.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Crickets, crickets

7. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

What you need to realize is that, that job is on my website. I'm not posting that pic on an industry forum to guide others.

See, I've made every mistake a man can make in this industry. And nearly all of my posts, I share my mistakes. My entire program here at Lawnsite is based on my experiences, I've made mistakes in construction, finances, sales, vendor relations, etc, and I most of my writing here talks about that. I have probably at least 25 pictures on our website of work that was done lone before I even knew what a permit and inspection office was. When the day comes that we build a new website - I still won't take the pictures down, they will stay, as I'm marketing. On lawnsite.com I'm not marketing, I'm sharing, I'm guiding, I'm coaching :)

Ernesto - lets keep the topic limited to the forum. Apples to Oranges comparison

With a forum, people come here to learn. This is a forum. It's my duty as a professional to guide people the right way.

And Ernesto - if your boss isn't willing to operate his/her company in an ethical manner and follow local building codes - then you should try to open his/her eyes to the liability affiliated with not following building codes. Let him/her know that following building codes will actually play a role in closing more sales.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  8. E-mans Hardscapes

Instead of coming off so conceited. "To be a pro you have to look like a pro" why don't you say, " you know guys I have made every mistake in the book and looking back on everything I wish I would have done things differently. So why don't you take my advice and try not to make the same mistakes". Be a professional and show these people that look up to you that your not so stuck up and perfect. Ernesto? Nice juke!
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

So why dont those steps have rails?

10. Danielle8517

Work looks great I really don't like rails on versa lok stairs