1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Versa-lok wall pics, and some ??'s

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by bottlefed89, Oct 13, 2004.

1. bottlefed89

bottlefed89 LawnSite Member

Alright, I am getting close to done with a big wall job I've been working on. Like I said, I'm not quite done, but getting close. Let me know what you think. Now for my questions; asically do you think it would look best with a big bed between the two walls, filled with mulch and some plants?? What plants, any suggestions?? Also, do you think I'll be able to get any grass growing this year, just by planting and strawing?? Thanks

Attached Files:

2. bottlefed89

Since I'm here and had taken some pics, here are a few more, one of my rig, and one of some baby rabbits I found and took care of for a while..

Attached Files:

3. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

By changing the pictures to .JPG's you will minimize the size of the file and the hours it takes for us dialog people to download it! Please look into doing this! As far as grass, it all depends on the weather. Sometimes it gets darn cold early in this part of the country. I would suggest either using sod or throwing down some seed, and then planning on throwing more down in the spring.
  4. odorisio

odorisio LawnSite Member

i LOVE THAT TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. bottlefed89

hey sorry about that, I didn't realize I had them as bmp's, I thought I had already converted them, I'll repost them as jpg's tonight.
    By the way, thanks on the truck. I love it too.
  6. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

nice walls i would go with some small shrubs and mulch maybe some spriea for color, a few spredding yews, some ornamental grasses and tehn therest fill with perrenials
  7. GardenofWeeden

GardenofWeeden LawnSite Member

Nice job on the wall! Looks Great! That truck...did I see a For Sale Sign on that? LOL Maybe throw in a few Blue Pacific Juniper for ground cover also. Curious- What was your bid for the wall? I hope you made a pretty penny...Nice job.
  8. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

Looks good! I would go with plant low growing materail. The area looks to small for grass.
  9. bottlefed89

I made $12,500 on it.
    as for the truck, I could put a for sale sign in it for you, but I don't think you'd like the price tag.... that's the only part I don't like about it.
  10. activelandscaping

activelandscaping LawnSite Member

You do a great looking job like that and people driving by can't get your name and phone number off the truck ? :confused:

I would run the discharges into 4" tile, down to the established turf, use those green pop up lawn caps for the discharge end. Carpet junipers staggered pattern, along the edge of the lower tier. Shredded cedar mulch around and in back of the carpet junipers, maybe a few Trumpet Lilly along the back of the first tier. Upper tier: Columnar Taxus to where the porch railing ends. If they want privacy then skyrocket junipers 4-5' along upper tier edge. If they want the view then shrub roses staggered. Mulch all areas with shredded cedar. Nothing that requires irrigation to be run into the raised beds should ever be planted. The above plant material needs about a thimble full of water a month.
    Again, job looks outstanding.:)

Best of luck,