Versa Lok

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by JRSlawn, Jan 25, 2005.

1. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

How much do you guys charge by the sq ft for versa lock install and materials ? How much do you charge per block installed? I get them here for I think 4.50 per block

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i charge $21- $26 a sq ft depending if it needs geo grid
  3. bottlefed89

bottlefed89 LawnSite Member

Too many variables, also which blocks are you talking. I think we'll all be more for a weathered mosaic pattern, than for the standard v-l's, but still too many variables. I've never known anyone to do it by the block, but there are a lot of people I don't know... I usually break down my price into several different categories to try to get a better handle on what costs/takes the most time, etc.... Looking back over past projects about $30/sf including exc. etc.. would be tops for me, but like I said, that's not really how I figure it.
  4. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

I would agree with bottlefed on this one.

We look at each facet of the job; layout, excavation, base prep, setting the base course, etc, etc, etc. Each of these parts is looked at as an individual item (how much labor, equipment, materials), then they are all combined for a final number.

To do it on a "per block" or "per square foot" basis is probably costing you money on smaller walls, and leaving money on the table for larger ones. It's just not an accurate way of estimating....

Hmmmm, I think with everything included, on the wall we are "on hold" until spring, I think our estimate (if figured that way) would have come out well over $100 psf. No way we could have done everything that we've done and will do for even $50 psf....

5. bottlefed89

bottlefed89 LawnSite Member

Yep, like I said, too many variables. Look at Dan's current project. You can see that a lot more went in to it than most projects. What I may have made $30/sf on was just straight walls, nothing fancy, no pillars, steps, nothin, just a wall, more height = more grid = more excavation = more money. s/f or by block just can't be accurate enough for most of my projects, and certainly not on large ones like dan is doing.