Version 2.0 equipment

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by stuvecorp, Apr 9, 2008.

1. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Today my 'new to me' equipment showed up. If the weather will get better I will be able to put it to use. With the excavator I will be able to hopefully get on the site first and lead to more landscaping work. I have been wanting the VTS for a long time, I guess you just have to be patient sometimes.

skidnx 005.jpg

skidnx 003.jpg

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

What is that white stuff? I've never seen that before!

3. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

what's all that white crap in the tracks? :)

89 degrees down here this week!

4. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

nice equipment, how do you like your kobelco?

5. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

That must be crack in his tracks!

6. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I like the short tail on the Kobleco. They make a strong excavator. I was supposed to put the VTS on my 440 but did not get to it. That is on the short list to get done.

7. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

I'd love to get some snow just so it would melt and we would get some water. Drought is back here.

Congrats on the equipment. I really, really am jealous of the kobelco! I've been wanting one for my ranch so I can build a road across the arroyos.

8. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Blizzard warning up toward your direction,so you still might have snow to push:confused:

Good luck with your equipment and hopefully you miss the storms.:usflag:

9. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

The snow is almost gone but I had to flatten out the snow banks and took the pictures before cleaning the tracks. Tonight we might get 1-4" snow, not likely but that's what our cheif meterologist says.

The 135 just got delivered today, The Case dealer came out and switched the controls to Deere style so we could run it. Will get to do some messing around later this week.

10. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Stuvecorp: I see on your excavator you have the old wain-roy style coupler. I too have that coupler on my machine. Alot of guys just use a lynch pin to secure the main pin to the bucket......I switched over to grade 8 bolt with an air-craft nylock nut to secure my main pin after throwing a bucket off the stick. Make sure you check that pin connection on a regular basis........throwing a bucket off your stick is a little scary and they don't make baseball mits big enough to catch a flying excavator bucket. I carry 4-5 nut/bolt set ups and replace it on a regular basis. Great old system that wain roy.....from my research, you loose no breakout force with that coupler vs. some of the other systems where you can lose up to 10-12% breakout force.