1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

vertical gate assist

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncuttinfoo, Jun 20, 2007.

1. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't afford losing 4 ft of rail space because of my other racks, and this is a side gate so it might not even be possible, the only thing I have seen that has a chance of working is the GA-1 trimmer trap gate assist if I drill holes in the top support to thread the bolt the other way for the side gate.

Any other ideas?
  2. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

With a spring assist, you don't have to mount the springs on the rail. With blocks and pulleys, they can go anywhere space allows...even under the deck.
  3. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

Dont waste your money on those spring assist lifts....go to home depot and check out the hardware section......theyve got big garage door springs with cables attached to them.....theyre the same thing as the other gate lift assists, just no fancy cover, and theyre like 20$ instead of 200$. Might take a few mins of brainstorming, but you know thats what you gotta do to save some cash here lol.