Very Bad Experience with G6 Blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chip25521, Oct 1, 2012.

1. chip25521

chip25521 LawnSite Member

Holy crap I sure hope something like that didn't happen here. I did hear about a city worker or someone mowing school property and something flying out from under it hit a wall or two and then hit a student.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

There was a big one too where it hit a little in the head from across the street and killed her instantly, but I think that was a projectile like a rock or something.

3. chip25521

That's definately a sad situation. It's crazy what all has happened around mowers.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. dhardin53

dhardin53 LawnSite Senior Member

What did you hit or do you know? Something had to had given that a powerfully shock to break like that.

It is apparent that the blade was not heat treated properly, making it brutal.

I hit a wheel horse front belt mule (about as big as a football) straight on and tossed it 20 feet, ripped about a 1 inch gash in the frame that holds the pulleys. Did not even see a mark on the Gators.

5. chip25521

I honestly have no idea if something got hit or if the blade just broke. I cannot find anything in the yard that got it or the blade.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I'm not stepping in for anyone. The rep posted the stuff about replacing any blade that was found faulty in thread here on LS here before. That's why I've been asking him about the missing piece- in case they'll want to see it.

7. chip25521

They did tell me that they want me I send the blades to them. Part of what they were supposed to get back with me about was the shipping label. I also haven't gotten a chance to tell them I don't have the other piece.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I don't think what I came up with would help anyone else that doesn't have the MOD deck. It's really nothing special, but it is a huge improvement over what comes on the machine.
    Does your Toro have an area on each baffle between the blades when the mulch kit is installed where it's partially cut out like the Exmark and Scag mulch kits do?

9. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey Retro, what exactly are these super lifts? Make and part number would be great. Thanks for any help. Wouldnt mind trying some.

10. Oregon OEP

Oregon OEP Sponsor

Chip25521 who have you talked to about this? I would like you to contact me by PM so I can get more information. If you have been trying to get me I do apologize but I have been out doing training for the company and have not been able to respond very quickly. We take any problem with one of our products very seriously and want out find out why this happened. I am very glad to hear that no one was injured. I look forward to hearing from you. I am very sorry for the problem and inconvenience this has caused you.