1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

very blue bluestone

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by dvlscape, Jul 21, 2008.

1. dvlscape

dvlscape LawnSite Member

One of my customers has an existing bluestone front porch, this bluestone is like more of blue color then any of the local yards have. Problem is we want a material to match and the cust is not on good terms with the original installer so i know that won't be any help.

we need a bluestone tread that is about 8-9' long and a deep blue color. Oh and the existing bluestone there has a very smooth finish, almost like its been polished, anybody know what this stuff is?

2. roco5

roco5 LawnSite Member

I work with a place called Charles Luck Stone. They have a stone by the name of Mystic River Pattern or Blue Range Bluestone Pattern. I would lean more towards the Mystic River.

3. poiuy qwerty

poiuy qwerty LawnSite Member

post a pic of the stone if you can

4. dvlscape

dvlscape LawnSite Member

Here is the pic. The Bluestone on the porch is what we are trying to match. The bluestone tread at the base of the porch is a normal bluestone color, everything we are finding around here. He doesnt like it and wants it out.

Butti new 001 web.JPG

5. roco5

roco5 LawnSite Member

I don't have pic installed I just have a swatch of it. I will scan tonight and send it over

6. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Luck Stone/Charles Luck can get you whatever you want. Good folks.....my yard anyway.

7. tmant

tmant LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

That looks like slate to me not bluestone.

8. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

that new york blustone see it every day

9. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

and the reason its so smoothe is because it dose not have a thermal finish too it. Most entryways in the northeast are thermal finished because it can be slick.

10. dvlscape

dvlscape LawnSite Member

Ok so Its a non thermal finished NY Bluestone. We were extending the front porch and its already done with EPHenry now. It doesnt look bad because that walk leads to the driveway. We just cut in an 18' diameter circle into the middle of the drive and lead up to that step with a 5' wide walk ( all ep). I'll post a pic. Good to know that bluestone for the future though.