Very Depressed Need Help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ron, May 20, 2001.

1. ron

ron LawnSite Senior Member

:cry: :cry: :( On 5/15/01 I had a bad accident fell off a 8 ft ladder causing compressed fracture to my back,and 7 staples in my head.
    my client called my house that evening and asked my wife why the job was not finished,and that they will not pay for the job until it is finished,well my wife explained to them that while my husband was doing your shrubs he had fallen and broke his back.the client said we are sorry but we still need this job completed ASAP or you will not get payed.well since my accident I have been calling alot of my clients and telling them I had a bad accident and will not be able to cut there yards for 8 weeks alot of them said we can wait for Ron and a few wanted there money back because my yard was no cut four time this month.what should I do I have said well when I return I owe you two cuts. but they all said no just give us our money back,,I am soo lost and confused...
  2. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

just trying to help call some of the guys in your area that you are friends with and ask them to help you out. tell them the situation
  3. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to hear such bad news. My advice would be to Hire a guy to give them your two cuts and then be done with it or get an employee to take care of them for you instead. Otherwise you have to give the money back. Maybe you can run the business from your home while someone does the work on the outside. I hope you get better. Do you have workmans comp?

Bedros :(
  4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Wow, I feel your pain. Been there, done that myself, 2 times. It felt so good, I had to do it twice. Will they have to do back surgery? I had 2 of them, a real bummer. I hope you get well real soon. :)

I would try to find someone to run your route while you are down. Too bad your not closer, I'd give you a hand. Get well soon.
  5. Lee Homan

Lee Homan LawnSite Member

Being a solo operator this is one of my biggest fears. I'm with Eric, if I were closer I would give you a hand.
  6. curlawngreen

curlawngreen Banned

Sorry to here about your fall. Since the 43 clients paid in advance, you just pay someone else to do the lawns. All clients want is the grass mowed.
  7. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I was trimming tall hedges the other day on a step ladder and ALMOST fell when I lost my balance. I did drop my trimmer, but better the trimmer than me. I am with the others here, and truly, truly feel for you. I agree, that you need to find someone to help you out. You need to rest and let your body heal. I wish you a quick recovery and the best of luck!
  8. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

If you've called and explained what happened, I'd say give them a credit for future cuts, but I wouldn't return the money. If you've treated them well, most will probably be happy to have you back. If you get a court document from one of them, send a check.
  9. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

man I feel for you have anyone...friend, brother,co-worker(you said you worked somewhere else also?) that could bluff there way and do your cutting for you? ..hang in there.. remember health and family are the most important thing, take it easy and recover.
  10. Craig Turf Management

Craig Turf Management LawnSite Senior Member

You have got to get help. Can you sub out the work? We all stand the chance of taking a tumble and being incapacitated for a while. Approach several lco in your area, and plead your case. Let them know that you will be glad to help them out if they're ever in a fix.

We all need to think about contigiency plans in the event we are unable to meet our obligations for whatever reason.
    Good luck, and don't give up. Bill Craig