Very difficult Austin Tree Removal job w/ picture

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by brentstreeservice, Aug 30, 2013.

1. brentstreeservice

brentstreeservice LawnSite Member

We had a decent size thunderstorm pass through here in the Austin, TX area and this tree was partially uprooted. According to the customer, we were the only Tree Removal Company that would touch this job. This project was defintely an all day job.

I'm proud of our foreman, Serafin Gonzales. He absolutely is fearless! Let me know what ya'll think. I'm proud that we were able to help this customer sleep a little easier!

OakTreeRemoval.jpg

2. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

I think you should start one thread, or sponsor this site if you are using all these threads for marketing...

3. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Why wouldn't anyone touch it? I know it's just a picture, but what's the big deal with it?

4. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

5. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

As long as you received permission from the neighbors in advance for ingress,egress to their property's and all of your insurance is in place, I see nothing extraordinary about the removal of this tree. Your foreman may be fearless, however I am not sure what that has to do with taking down a tree in close quarters?.
    Please include more pictures if available.
    easy-lift guy

6. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

;) :waving:

7. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

I noticed the root system was slightly raised. You need to understand that the root system of nearly any tree is 3 times the size of the canopy. Your concern about the tree falling one direction or another during the take down was more than likely unfounded. 8 years ago when Hurricane Charlie came through just South of my home I saw Thousands of trees in far worse condition,yet for the most part other than a tornado shearing a trunk in half most trees were damaged and meant a lot of work for years afterwards.
    easy-lift guy

8. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

Yep I know where your coming from. I lived in Orlando when Charlie hit. It was pretty iffy for a day or two. Sure was a huge mess to clean up afterwards.

9. Greyst1

Greyst1 LawnSite Senior Member

Ever heard of a boom lift???

10. Nick's Lawn Care

Nick's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Yes the root system is very large, I agree. But for the tree to up root it means that the root system is starting to fail for some reason. You can no longer trust the integrity of the root system in this case.