very dry in st louis

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by all ferris, Sep 24, 2004.

1. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

I was just wondering if some of you guys that keep getting wacked by huricanes could send some rain our way. It's bone dry here and the way it looks now I'll be sitting at home almost all next week. It's so dry I can't even aerate. All the 10 day forecasts say no rain. So if you think about it do a little rain dance for us or something. I'm sick of cutting dust.
    thanks

2. SOMM

SOMM LawnSite Senior Member

Aint gonna stay dry. Got your snow accounts and next season sales together?
    While you're at home, i'll be out selling your turf.
    :sleeping:
    -somms

3. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Try living in AZ, we're in a 20 year drought.

4. Grubville_Man

Grubville_Man LawnSite Member

I know what you mean!

I'm out here in Grubville, In Jefferson Co.MO. Only done three account's in the past two weeks. Grounds so dry the grass is burnt up and crunches when you walk on it.

5. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

If I could send you all some rain I would do it. WE just got the worst flooding in our history last week. It has rained all year long for us. Im not really complaining, it keeps us busy, and its been a great money year. I wouldnt mind cutting some dry lawns for a change though.

6. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

all ferris, I live in Belleville also. Looks like we are going to get some rain tonight. I'm planning on knocking out some aeration jobs tomorrow (if it rains).

7. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been watching the radar all night and just when it seems like the rain is getting close it disipates. What's the deal?

8. Envision

Envision LawnSite Member

Just across the state in KC, I haven't missed a mow all year long.... Last year however, dry as hell.

9. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

Same here! Last Friday night we got around 5-8 inches of rain. The worst flooding since 1955. Before my time. Alot of roads still washed out. We only received a taste of Florida. Matt

10. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

In southern Utah here, no rain to speak of either (7 year drought). But everyone has sprinkler systems to keep the grass nice and green. Hope things get better soon for ya.