Very first post, could be my last!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by djmyers, Sep 14, 2009.

1. djmyers

djmyers LawnSite Member

Hello All - I am planning on moving back to the Midwest this Spring and was looking into going solo in a mowing service. Since I will be renting when I get back I will need to store my mowing equipment that I do not have yet. Went online last night to search for U-Haul Storage and learned what I feared was true. They do have a policy of no flammables to be stored in their facilities. Needless to say that will have put the kabash to my plans....:cry:
  2. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

A cardboard box is flamable, I beleive that policy stands for filled gas cans and the like.... not winterized lawn equipment.
  3. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

I think he ment he cant store his equipment there when hes renting. While using that place like a shop

JABBERS LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

There ate tons of places to rent out that you could store equipment.
  5. djmyers

djmyers LawnSite Member

really? do you have examples because I could use some insight... Thanks!
  6. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Hey , its not ya last post , yippie !
  7. djmyers

djmyers LawnSite Member

Yes, :clapping:, the previous poster gave me a glimmer of hope. Now if someone could suggest other storage facilities that could be use other than U-Haul please let me know. Do I just look in the local paper when I get back there? Unless I hear otherwise I assume I would. When previous poster stated tons of options I am kind at a lost as to what he means?
  8. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Look in the paper for commercial rentals and see if there is one saying " locked yard space"
  9. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

Public Storage
  10. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I keep my stuff on a peice of property alongside another landscaper . There are also about 4 rv,s that rent space to park too.