very good day!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by A to Z lawn care, Apr 27, 2008.

1. A to Z lawn care

A to Z lawn care LawnSite Member

this might not be a good day for u guys but im only 13 and i thought it was a nice profitable day. went out early this morning with my partner and did 4 of our regulars and then picked up a new account. it was suppoed to be a $30 cut and that was all but when we went in the back we seen how bad of shape his beds were in so we made him and offer to rip everything out and till it and he said ya butt we had no idea how to charge because we had never done anything like this before. so we told him to name the price and he said $100 so i thought that was a really good deal. it wasnt a very big bed the job only totaled about 2 hrs with me and 1 other person usint hand tools to till it and clean up then cut.

sorry for the long post.........:laugh:

2. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Very Nice! Good Luck This Year!

PM Me if you get a chance, I remember where I was when I was thirteen, maybe I could give you some pointers.

-Mitch-

3. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

GOOD FOR YOU......

Now remember to set goals.........

they should be reachable and have a time limit, Right now I'm working on 1000.00 a DAy For 30 days, This Year......

Keep Doing what your doing and you too can do this....

Remember that we dont work when it's cold, or rain so remember to price yourself for for this issue..... Here in Texas we get 9 to 10 months of work.....so we price our jobs so that we dont starve durring this 2 to 3 months of down time...

Good Luck

4. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Way to go, man. I hope things keep being positive for you. Keep working hard, but be sure not to neglect your schoolwork. Good luck.

5. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Good advice, but somehow I bet his parents will still feed and shelter him over the winter :laugh:

6. A to Z lawn care

A to Z lawn care LawnSite Member

thanks for all the great advice

7. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Keep up the good work