VERY low budget

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by lsu03, Mar 26, 2008.

1. lsu03

lsu03 LawnSite Senior Member

i have $1300 to consider spending on equipment. i am not buying yet but planning out a sheet to try and convince my parents to let me start up next year once i have my license. this is my list so far:

SRM210 Echo Trimmer- $220
    PB413 Echo Blower- $299
    PE200 Echo Edger- $200
    John Deere JS25 21”

the rest will go into advertising where i can and other small stuff. do you guys have any other suggestions equipment wise on anything better?

thanks

2. THRIFTY

THRIFTY LawnSite Member
    from (913)

Sounds like you have a good start, just keep planning, planning, planning!

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

good luck to ya!! plan plan and advertise! did i mention advertise!

4. lsu03

thanks...........

5. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

keep at it youngster.you are the next generation of the green industry.

6. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

I would skip the edger. I havn't used one in 5 years. I own one but it sits at home. The trimmer can clean it up good enough. The blower is nice but you could live with a handheld unit also to save money. I still use a handheld unless I'm doing leaf cleanups then I pull out the back pack blower. Use the extra money for a newpaper ad or a old used snapper rider if you have bigger yards in your area.

7. lsu03

thanks for the responses. i have been hearing that around my area good edging is important and i cant edge well with a trimmer so i will probably still get one. i might consider that handheld blower though...

8. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Personally I would not skimp on the blower.That can cost you more time than just about every other part of the job next to mowing.

I am speaking from real life experience right now, my 45cc JD bp blower just does not have the guts to get the job done most of the time and we haven't even begun hitting the summer growth yet. I cannot wait to replace it!

If you have to try to save, go for a multi-use piece of equipment like an edger/trimmer/hedge trimmer/ pruner and get the BR600 or something similar.

Good luck and since you are waiting a year to start. Save every nickel you have now so you are not scraping later!

9. YoungGun

YoungGun LawnSite Member

If you have till net season $hit son you have a full year to bank some money! you could save up a easy 2-5 grand in a year buy collecting cans and having lemonaid stands!:hammerhead:

10. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

sounds like good equipment to me! You got plans for something bigger then that 21" for the future????