very sad

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ozd12005, Apr 15, 2006.

1. ozd12005

ozd12005 LawnSite Senior Member

after reading so many posts on commercial mowers I decided to go with the snapper high vac 21" to replace my craftaman, well yesterday was the first chance I got to use the mower and what a piece of cr*p it is. pretty sad that this unit can't even suck up leaves but has no problem taking all the lose dirt, after using the unit for 3 - 4 houses I pulled the old craftsman off the trailor and had no problems sucking up any leaves. what a big waste of money for a dirt sucking piece of cr*p

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Take the plug out of the chute and it will be fine....just kidding. We have used these machines for years and it is one of the best when you get a big engine on it. Which engine did you get? When they had the 2 stroke they always ran high rpm..we got the Kawaski this year.

3. ozd12005

I have the kaw 6hp and yes the plug is out of the chute lol .. if there was a market for sucking up dirt this machine would be the answer, and im talking about it not sucking up 10 - 15 leaves on a lawn IMO thats pretty darn sad

I will say the unit is put together well, nice cross bars for support,tires,oil filter etc.

4. MoviePimp

MoviePimp LawnSite Member
    from IN

Check to see if it has the hi-lift blades on it. I bought one once that had a mulching blade on. Did not notice it until I mowed a few yards.

5. ozd12005

high lift blade is on

6. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

take the dam thing back and get your money back. Im sure if you boohoo and bellyache enough, they will take it back.

7. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

You spoke of "much talk about commercial mowers," but you did not say if the one you bought is a consumer model, or a commercial model. Being unable to pick up leaves is generally NOT a mark of a Snapper hi-vac deck. This is their strength, not weakness.

Something is amiss in the details here.

8. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Your not kidding roger, the one I use will suck the damn grass outta the ground. Take it back and ask for another unit or for this one to be repaired. If it really is a high-vac then make sure the rpm's are up.

9. METRO 36

METRO 36 LawnSite Senior Member

i agree with lawnmaniac and the others my snapper hi-vac has the ants hanging onto the grass roots when i pass over them lol. it will really suck thoses leaves up good.

how high do you have the blades set?

10. ozd12005

I have the commercial 21 6hp kaw with the high lift blade on it...is it possible I got a lemon ?