1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Very satisfied with new purchases...blower and edger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eho, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Eho

Eho LawnSite Member

Hey guys, after doing all my homework I purchased a new Stihl stick edger( 300 bucks) and a new Stihl Backpack Blower( 300 bucks). I have read some negative things about Stihl blowers but I am VERY satisfied. For my needs, small resedential, the blower works great. Mowed two lawns today and it was like I was getting to play with some new toys. Now I finally have a complete setup with an edger, backpack blower, trimmer, mower, and hedge trimmer( all commercia grade) plus i got a cell phone today. Great day for me and I really enjoy the new equipment. Backpack blowers are AWESOME. Just thought I d fill yall in.
  2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

I've also read a lot of people complain about the STIHL backpack blowers...most along the lines of underpowered. I wouldn't know. I do own a STIHL...can't remember model number...but it has the ability for different attachments. I have a pole saw and articulating trimmer attachments. I like the thing a lot. Plenty of power...durable...has survived a few 'drops'...easy to start, little maintenance. Going on three years old.

Have a ECHO chainsaw a few years old, once that craps out on me I will be replacing with a STIHL chainsaw.
  3. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the Stihl BR420 Magnum backpack blower, and have no complaints.
  4. Creative Lawn Care

Creative Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I have 2 stihl FS85 trimmers with chain saw and hedge trimmer attachment, FC 85 edger, BR420 Blowers and the HS75 hedge trimmer and 025 chainsaw. I have no complaints. Have run stihl from the very beginning. Congrats on your new toys!!
  5. Brianj

Brianj LawnSite Member

sthil is good equipment, thier weedeaters are the best, the blowers are good for thier purpose, but sometimes the blower does lack power, i have 4 different brands of blowers, redmax, sthil, echo, and shindewa, they all are good but the sthil is the weakest, but it is the lightest, for small yards it works great, congrads on the new toys...
  6. Evergreenpros

Evergreenpros LawnSite Bronze Member

Congratz!!! It's good to hear you are doing well, keep it up!!!!!!
  7. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Congratulations on the new equipment and the cell phone. My new cell phone is on the way and I can't till it comes in.