Very Tricky Question For Everyone about Subcontract Seekers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Chuckie, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Chuckie

Chuckie LawnSite Member

I would like to know how all you guys would treat this situation.

What do you do when you know that a member of Lawnsite and Plowsite comes on hear to aggressively search for subcontractors and just outright doesn't pay the occasional sub.
    If you read his posts, he seems like an OK guy, you do some work for him. He comes through for you in the beginning, then starts with the excuses of why he cant pay you. At first they sound legit, but then they start making stuff up about your work. Then starts throwing lawyer mumbo jumbo at you. But you are afraid to stop service for fear of never being paid, so you keep humping along hoping you will get all your money, till you have had enough and finally walk away. Then this scares the little guys away from collecting there last 500 to 5000 dollars because they cant afford to chase it. They don't chase it knowing the big guy will take it to the point that it cost the little guy way more than he is owed. You sit and wait and wait hoping he does the right thing, but after 8 months of waiting you have had enough.
    Do you out him on here to for warn others, or do you just go on your way to handle it through the courts.

So what you guys got for me.......shoot
  2. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

I'd personally do both.....
  3. S&Kmowing

S&Kmowing LawnSite Member

I just joined this site and I don’t know all the rules yet but if someone was screwing me over and a buddy of mine wanted to work for the same thief wouldn’t a friend at the very least worn him about the danger that he was getting himself into? At least then he could decide for himself weather or not your advice is worth listening to. (By the way, I've heard of many people doing that) and the only way to slow them down (because they wont stop!) is if they are a member of something and report there bad business practices. {Just my thoughts}
  4. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i wouldn't give out his name and address, but maybe his screen name here and on plowsite should be enough to warn everyone.
  5. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I consider lawnsite sort of like a "family" even though I have met only a couple of folks on here. If I knew someone on here was shafting other LS members then yes it should be known and yes take the sucker to court and get your money. I don't like to see anyone get screwed ESPECIALLY by someone in the same biz who should no better!:nono:
  6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

First I'd address it with Sean and the other moderators / people that run the board, plead your case with them.

They may not want to get in the middle of it, but at the same time, I'm sure they'll want to know about people using this resource to contact others to give them the shaft.
  7. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

Yeh I agree with everyone else. I would sure want to know if I was about to do business with this fella, and also would feel pretty bad if I could warn others about him, but didn't then he screws them.
  8. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

Call him out right here and let the members decide whos in the right here.
    If hes screwing you, he will do it to others. just don't name him and then never come back to continue the thread, we had that when a guy called out coastal and then never came back to reply to the responses. that didn't make his case very good.
    If your in the right, He is not going to like being called out on this or plowsites board, so go for it. Only thing is you may never see your money then. but he won't be a very popular person either.
  9. mslawn

mslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from LA

Tell everybody who the lowlife is!!!!!!! If he has really done this he is no better than the dirt on the soles of your shoes. I think this cat needs an old fashioned a$$ whooping. I can not stand scumbags like this. How can he bring up a lawyer- he is the scum bag. I can tell you right now if he can not pay his bills he is not a big timer, but someone headed for bankruptcy. Send it to collections and smear his credit report. I think someone like this needs to be dropped in the middle of the desert with no food or water and no chance of survival. He gets on here and tells everybody how bigtime he is and can't pay his bills, he is not a man he is nothing but a worm, maggot or bottomfeeder. This crap boils my blood to the point of no return.
    However if you let eight months pass by, you just took it with no astroglide.
  10. Chuckie

Chuckie LawnSite Member

He has contacted me via email privately to try and make things right. My last billing statement as of last friday stated that I would give his company ten days to make good. At this point in time I feel as though I need to let it ride till the 23rd. But thank you all for your input.