Very Very wet area

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sneaky, Sep 3, 2004.

1. Sneaky

Sneaky LawnSite Member

Looked at a site today that was unreal. It is about 2 acres that stays wet nearly all the time. I mean when I walked on it I sank up to my ankles. Don't really know how to approach this one. I was thinking that the only way I could do it would be to put dual wheels on my garden tractor and pull one or possibly two wing mowers. Any suggestions on this would help. Thanks.

2. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

walk away from it. If you do bid it, bid it really high.

3. SellPoint

SellPoint LawnSite Member

Plant some rice and call it good:p

4. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

You could do what your signature line says. Spend all day doing it with a trimmer!!!

5. jphag

jphag LawnSite Member

I agree. Do it with a trimmer. Bid it high too high because with all the head aches you will encounter it still won't be enough $$$$$

6. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea I here your real WET ;->

7. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 4x4 Steiner with duals that would make short work of that most times. I am surprised at the amont of standing water I can drive through and not leave a mud trail like my ZTRs.

8. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

All new developements here are required to have runoff detention structures. I mow one for a homeowners assoc. It stays wet and soggy a good deal of the time. I should have bailed on it long ago but I'm stubborn. I have used a string trimmer. BAD Idea way too long. A hover mower(really quite a bit of work), dual wheels all around on a 21 in self propelled. It sinks and spins. Finally as I drove my Old three wheeler (with big chevron and knobby combo tires) through the pond The light bulb Came on. I had an old murray hydro rider. I put a new set of atv tires on the back. I traised it up about 2 inches. The thing will go when your feet sink. Problem solved. If I know its been wet . I take the Swamp beast with me on the trailer.

9. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Barnard, I wanna see a pic..LOL That sounds like my kinda machine...

10. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

Walk away......