Very weird Transmission!!!!!

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by AllSeasonsAllReasons, Mar 7, 2001.

1. AllSeasonsAllReasons

AllSeasonsAllReasons LawnSite Member

Hello I use a full size blazer to plow with and lately whenever i turn left the transmission slips bad.. but as soon as it straightens out again its fine??? Any hints? I just had the te tech transmission flush done! Oh yeah its a th 350 trans Thanks guys

2. 75

75 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm no transmission expert by any means, but I am wondering if perhaps the problem is not in the trans itself but loss of power/traction somewhere else in the driveline? Does it do this in 4x4, 2wd or all the time?

3. AllSeasonsAllReasons

It does it all the time no matter what!!!

4. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith LawnSite Senior Member

It might have something to do with the flush, but I would guess a worn trans mount, or cab / body mount bushings. Worn body bushings would allow the body to move, and the shift linkage is connected to the truck body. Any movement, and it could disengage it from gears, since the trans is mounted to the chassis. Does it slip if you put it in L1 or L2? 2wd or 4wd wouldn't make a difference if the body bushings are worn out. Like I said, just a guess. I can assume you checked the level of the trans fluid.....

~Chuck

5. AllSeasonsAllReasons

Thanks for your opinions Chuck! Yes did check trans fluid! Also i had the flush done after the problem started! And yes it does slip in all gears

6. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith LawnSite Senior Member

I'd look real close at the body mounts.... Other than that, I can't help you much! Transmission internals aren't my bag. The fact that it happens turning left is VERY odd.
    You might also want to open the hood, and rev the motor to about 2,000 RPMs several times, and see how much it "lifts" from the torque. You might have a busted motor mount.

~Chuck

7. UNCLE BOB

UNCLE BOB LawnSite Member

Yes check motor and trany mounts

8. waterchikn

waterchikn LawnSite Member

I know....don't turn left. No....seriouly I would bet it is a bad cab mount, and when you turn its letting the linkage "play" .. like Chuck said...

9. cut-rite

cut-rite LawnSite Member

If the mounts and lincage ar ok drop the pan and change the filter. It is possible that the filter is loose and sucking air, if it continues it will burn up.
    Brad

10. karl klein

karl klein LawnSite Member

are you positive its the trany not the rear diff gears because when you turn the two tires turn at diffrent speeds so if your rear end is screwed up maybe the gears are not hooking up