Vesa-Loc distributor closing Rochester NY - Comac

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Grn Mtn, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

I just heard from a friend that the place I buy my Versa-Loc just closed its doors;) Dang, it was so close to my house too, made for super convienent pick-up.

2. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Versa Lok is made in Branchville, NJ at CST. I am sure your dealers will now buy from them.

I wouldn't worry about supply issues.

3. PSUturf

PSUturf LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe Domine Builders Supply will pick them up since they are a Belgard dealer (same parent company as Versa Lok). I grew up in Irondequoit.

4. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea and acctually CST is expanding there production and building a brand new facility in NJ right around Philadelphia. They already have two plants one in North Jersey and another on the other otherside of the border in NY. Apparently CST had their biggest year yet last year hence the expansion, at least thats what I was told.

5. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Personally, i wish CST would work on their quality instead of expanding.

I will not install there pavers.

I will only use versa lok on walls that arn't being installed for decorative reasons.

6. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea we've had a lot....a lot of problems with the quality of their product...not to much as far as pavers mostly wall block being off by an 1/8-1/4"

Thats why they are opening more facilities....to attempt to produce a better contract and thats the truth. They have one large and one medium sized facility serving several large states....its just cant cut it...so they are producing so much block to try to keep up with orders they cant keep quality control. The molds arent changed enough etc...so thats why they need new facilities to cut down on the one or two they have now because they've already outgrown them.

Jeff

7. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

I have other places I can get the product and there are company's in Buffalo and Syracuse that have versa-loc molds so supply is not the problem. It was more of a shock because this is just a sign of the local economy when an established builder supply yard/ cement manufacture closes its doors with 1 day notice- wasn't in the news either.