veterans cemetery

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by 1idejim, Jan 3, 2012.

1. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

i had a little wire sorting project over the holidays, seems that the GC on an expansion project at the veterans cemetery near me had to provide the irrigation contractor with wire locations due to damages that were preventable.

these guys were actually tearing wires out of the ground on one end of the project while i was working on the other end of the site.

i spent about 8 hrs looking for a suitable place for the irrigator to splice new lines. my tdr and locator findings were all under new sidewalk so i located the wire paths, sorted and identified each wire numerous times in VB's and in the ground.

2. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Some guys get all of the fun jobs!
    Nice work, Jim.
    Wish I could of been there to help! :waving:
  3. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

what a hoot that would have been, i feel that i would have learned a bunch working with you.

i have had the pleasure of talking to hoskmo, mike leary, bernie and his man mike, devin, justin, AI steve, eddie, mitchgo, azgardener, waterlogged, inspired, irrigator to name a few. i have met personally argos, peter and john malt. you and danamac are on my list, sprinkus :waving:
  4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Awww.... shucks :waving:

I think at last count, I have met 11 guys from LS. hoskmo, stuttering stan, fimco, argos, tomtom, bicmudpuppy, sprinklerguy, and 3 other guys here in town that are lawn guys mainly. I think I'm forgetting one or two.
  5. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Nice pics and, especially, nice work, Jim. Not many of us out here who would put their ass on a sling to locate & I.D. that mess. I have to hand it to the original installer who provided plenty of wire just in case this happened. :clapping:
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  6. Waterlogged

Waterlogged LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Hats off,:clapping: Jim I don't know very many guys around here that would know were to start, looks fun to me.
  7. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Nice pic of Jim at the Locator's Hall of Fame Awards in Barstow yesterday.

8. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

Jim- I envy your locating knowledge. Have you considered doing a video training to share your knowledge with others?
  9. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

here's a few more pictures.

i am at the LHFA every year Mike, great gig parking cars, good tips:)

i have talked to stan also, yes but i am going to finish my manual first. and yes it's getting closer

vets cemetery image.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  10. drfrumpy

drfrumpy LawnSite Member

Wow, what in incredible skill you have!