Vibe plow ?s

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ArTurf, Feb 8, 2014.

1. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

I've been installing for years by trenching. I've got several jobs lined up and am really close to buying a vibe plow. I've got a good idea on how to go about things but naturally there are questions. I'll be using pvc. For instance when it comes to tees and 90's. How do you avoid hitting the 1st line you have installed? I realize you can slide the pipe to some degree. I'll probably use glue on saddle T's with swing pipe unless you have a better idea. Do you pre trench the spots where heads will go if the ground is hard?

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Some plows affix their blade by pins in a vertical row, so those would let you do mains at one depth and laterals at a shallower depth, so you could cross the mains and no worries, after raising the blade.

3. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

dig up said T.
    straddle the hole with the 255 when you get close.
    pull up just a little bit and turn of the plow...

4. ArTurf

Male, from Ark

Ok, thanks. Pre dig connection points and pull to.

5. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

You can do what rotar said when you are learning. After you pull a few systems you will get a feel for it and you will know when to pull up the blade to not to hit it. Also as you are approaching a line you previously pulled that you are going to tee into or jump over, shut the shaker box off 6" away from the existing line and slowly drive forward while raising the plow all the while watching the tail of the pipe you are crossing. If you watch the tail and you see it move you can usually back up and lift the plow a bit more to clear it. And with the shaker off and slow forward movement you won't damage the pipe if you hit it a little.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

what he said

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Of course, if you switch to poly pipe, then you lay out the systems so that the pipes don't ever have to cross each other.

8. ArTurf

Male, from Ark

Glad you mentioned poly. I've been wondering about poly and why it isn't used in the south? May need to start another thread on this if no one notices this post.

Not seeing how you wouldn't have to cross lines though?

9. ArTurf

Male, from Ark

Do you recommend the blade the company offers or aftermarket? What other parts are needed; bullet to go on blade and device to attach pipe (chinese finger or king grips), what else? Rookie questions I know but dealer can't really answer questions so I'm counting on you guys.

10. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

Triple d has lots of plowing accessories http://www.triplednj.com/index.php