Vibration on Redmax Trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dbroken64, Apr 11, 2007.

1. dbroken64

dbroken64 LawnSite Member

I have a redmax trimmer and a husky also. I noticed the redmax has alot more vibration while turning up the rpms and my hand goes numb after awhile using it. The husky has almost no vibration. Has anyone else had this problem with their redmax.

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I did once with a Redmax and they were never really sure what cause it. Seemed the vibration was coming from the engine somehow. It was brand new with like 5 hours on it so the dealer just gave me a new one and sent it back to Redmax. Turned out to be something faulty in the shaft.

3. dbroken64

Thanks, Guess I am going to do the same for mine only has about 7 hrs on it and it has vibratited since I have had it and just seems to be getting worse.

4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I have demoed a BCZ2600 last season and noticed the same thing. I tried out an 07 model last week and experienced the same thing.

5. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

I have 2401 with a slight vib,we take the guards off i thought the clutch but i checked it and itz fine doesn't really bother me so.

6. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

maybe not enough string out. you need to have alittle bit of resistance. by the way i have 3 redmax trimmers and a stick edger and have no problems.

7. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i put a echo head on my redmax 2400 and the vib went away.

8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

This stuff is NOT normal from RedMax trimmers.

Take it back!

I'm really sensitive to vibration and can't use stuff most people can.
    But I have had no issue with RedMax stuff.

Don't get me wrong, it's not the absolute smoothest I have ever used.
    They have a little vibration "I" notice that most people wouldn't.
    But I can run a tank of gas through it at one go and it does not effect me.

So if a RedMax is normal, it should NEVER cause that to happen with a normal person.

Obviously, this is not the first such case.

9. dbroken64

Yes, I think after hearing from yall the best thing to do is bring it back and get it checked out. I can run the husky along time without any numbnest in my hand. I would rather use the redmax for it is a stronger trimmer but the vibration is killing me. Thanks for all the advice, Derek B.

10. EWIRedMaxRep

EWIRedMaxRep LawnSite Member

Remove the trimmer head, and try the unit. If the vibration is still present the vibration is in the engine, clutch or shaft. If the vibration goes away,try another head. There is an occasional head that the threaded bushing gets molded off center in. This results in an off axis head and a wicked vibration. And no, there should be very little vibration in the trimmer. Your dealer should be glad to take care of the problem.