1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Vibration on Wildcat

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by dbroken64, Nov 5, 2006.

1. dbroken64

dbroken64 LawnSite Member

Just wondering about the vibration sound coming from the deck of my wildcat. It only has 7 hrs on it and it seems as if the deck is getting louder to me. I have greased it after I mowed and it just seemed like it has a loud vibration that I didn't hear before. Is this normal???? Seems like it is coming from one of the idler pulleys not the spindles. :confused:
  2. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Check to make sure the belts are properly tensioned and you might want to take the blades off sharpen and balance them.
  3. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Also since its new I'm assuming, take it to your dealer and let them figure it out.
  4. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

The spring that is attached to the idler pulley might be going bad. We have a Tiger Cub and we have had to replace to spring before. It should last longer than 7hrs but you could have just gotten a bad spring. Take your hand and make sure that the idler pulley isn't locked up but I would go ahead and replace the spring.
  5. cranesrule

cranesrule LawnSite Member

Check to see if you have excess grass buildup under the deck. I have had this cause a loud roaring noise/vibration before and scraping fixed it.