vibratory plow

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by patmorrissey72, Dec 26, 2005.

1. patmorrissey72

patmorrissey72 LawnSite Member

Anyone have any insite on which type of vibratory plow has worked best for them.
  2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

The DW 410sx is without a doubt the best plow we've used.

Its a little big for small area's though.
  3. allinearth

allinearth LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone seen a vib plow attach. for skid steers? Don't think I have.
  4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

No, but we have a Cat T9B trencher for our 216. We use it exclusively for large runs of irrigation lines and couldn't be happier. We have it setup to run a 6 inch wide trench and the machine is QUICK! We can trench about 500 feet an hour at 18" depth in good soil no problem.
  5. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

In pure clay, our DW 3500 can trench about 1500' an hour at that depth.

In rocky soil, around 500' an hour. Still, your attachment speed is great for a machine that wasn't designed to purely trench.
  6. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, and a vibratory plow is about $30K to do one task. We couldn't handle that kind of price. :)
  7. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Dingo and Bobcat MT's will take a vib plow -- prolly other mini's as well. Not sure if the attachment will mount on a full size skid or not.
  8. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Attachments that fit on the MT or Dingo will not fit full size machines.
  9. Upstate Erosion Control

Upstate Erosion Control LawnSite Member

What are you going to use the plow for? Pull pipe for irrigation lines? What depth do you need to be? What are the ground conditions? Will you need to bore under any sidewalks or driveways? How often will you use this plow? Are you in the hilly or flat country? What size truck and trailer do you have to pull this plow? Do you have to have new or will you be happy with used? Do you have any dealers in you area? Do you do you on service and maintenance? I know that there are a lot of questions listed here but there are alot of options out there when it comes to plows. I have owned and operated all sizes of Ditch Witch, Case, and Vermeer trenchers and plows for the last 18 years. They all have +'s and -'s. I am a Ditch Witch man myself. Mainly because I have gotten good service from the machines and there are three different dealers within 2 hours of my house.