Vibrtory plows

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Grassman 1, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Grassman 1

Grassman 1 LawnSite Member

Does anyone know of a vibratory plow for a three point--compact tractor? We have three tractors from 33 - 43 hp with front wheel assist. Can't see investing the cash for a complete unit just to pull pipe. Thanks for any help you can give me!!

2. MikeK

MikeK LawnSite Member

Toro Makes one for the Dingo and I Beleive Bobcat has one for their Skids as well, If I remember, the Toro is around 5K. One of these plows could probably be made to work on a compact tractor but they do vibrate quite a bit and I could see some problems associated with this down the road.
    Also, being aon a tractor would really inhibit the areas you could get to and a Standard vibe plow can really get in some tight areas.

I have a Burkeen vibratory plow for sale, it's and older one but in Great shape and it also has a trencher chain on the front. If you are not famaliar with Burkeen, they are a really tough, durable plow.

We are asking $5,400 for the plow and we also have a trailer, all set up to do Irrigation which we are asking $4,300. We paid $11,000 for the plow 4 years ago.

This time of the year, these will go fast so if you are interested, give me a call 651 437 0073.

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Two things argue against a vibratory plow attachment to an ordinary tractor. First, is the lack of hydraulic capacity in a tractor, compared to a plow which is basically an engine driving a big-ass hydraulic pump, which powers everything else. Second is the comparitive flimsiness of the three-point connection compared to what joins a shaker box boom to a vibratory plow chassis. If you move way up in tractor size and power, you can find a plow attachment that runs off the PTO. Figure a 70 horse tractor minimum for that combo.