1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

vicking 36 hydro problems?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by texpro, Aug 3, 2007.

1. texpro

texpro LawnSite Member

this is the greatest purchace i have ever made i have had it two weeks and i love it ind i hope i never have any problems w/ it it is so superior to any belt drives i have ever used it creeps backwards a little on the right when i use the nutrel lock but my dealer says thats an easy fix i just dont want to give it up yet to fix it has anyone had any problems w/ theres it cost alot but worth it i am reluctant to buy another untill because it seems too good to be true i am looking for some negative feed back thanks
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

I'm glad to hear that you like your new Viking 36". However, I'm confused as to why you are seeking negative feedback? You're #1, and if you're happy, that's all that matters!!

3. texpro

texpro LawnSite Member

like i said it seems to good to be true i am a maintaince freak and i hope it keeps on ticking i have nothing bad to say about it
  4. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

hard to find any, especially on metros and vikings. They are virtually bulletproof.

If this is your first hydro, you will soon learn that drive adjustments will need to be done often. As the linkage wears in, it will need to be adjusted. Lukily, exmark makes that nice little tracking knob. Otherwise, read your owners manual. You should be able to do this yourself.
  5. MattsMowing3535

MattsMowing3535 LawnSite Senior Member

I know what problem you are talking about, its really an easy fix! My 48" ECS handles where a little bit loose so I thought id tighten them up and thats when it started rolling backwards, so just losen them up a bit and it is all fine. As far as the mowers breaking? NEVER! Mine is bullet proof in everyway!! I love the thing and I got a great deal to.
  6. texpro

texpro LawnSite Member

great news, thanks for the feedback i gave mine an 8 hr work out today. what an increase in productivity im going to let the dealer ajust mine the first time he lets me watch and gives good pointers i am very pleased how long have you had yours mattsmowing3535
  7. MattsMowing3535

MattsMowing3535 LawnSite Senior Member

I got mine late last fall so ive only used it this season.