Vid:pulling with the 255

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by CAPT Stream Rotar, Apr 16, 2008.

1. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

If everything else lay's out right we should be brining Bessy on friday to pull a few zones and a faucet...Quick job...Hardest part is going to be pulling pipe through some well developed pine trees..I only have my laptop but hey..

2. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

3. CAPT Stream Rotar

4. CAPT Stream Rotar

5. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

is it always such a chore to connect the pipe to the blade, it seemed to take an extra long time.

6. Without A Drought

Without A Drought LawnSite Bronze Member

nice vid. what was the attachment, a king grip? i've only just used a loop of chain. never lost a pipe yet.

pg

7. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Thats funny we keep duct tape on the parking break too. Also pulled one of those back panel bolts and put it thru a hammer holster to hold the hammer on the machine.

8. CAPT Stream Rotar

nice dude!

we need 1 of those.

9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

That is a King Grip holding the pipe. They do not let go. More trouble than a chain loop, or the Chinese mesh grip, but a minimum of soil disturbance.

Using a King Grip shows the influence of having used a Pipe Piper, because their blade is so 'active' that a Chinese grip won't work.

10. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I had only used the chinese mesh grip when installing. Always worked well except in some clays. But sometimes the pipe would just pull apart during a pull in clay anyway.