VIDEO!! Aeravator video. Gotta check this out Video!!!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by newlymowedlawns, Oct 7, 2008.

1. newlymowedlawns

newlymowedlawns LawnSite Member
    from NC

2. ProCut_48

ProCut_48 LawnSite Member
    from michgan

thats a bit over kill i would say!!!

3. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Hey pro cut....Hows the velke doing?

Also I would like a grasshopper with one!!

4. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I run the 60" Aeravator on my Grasshopper. Once you operate one of these you will never go back to a walk behind. These suckers will chew up asphalt!

5. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

This video is way too basic of a subject to be on a professional forum as a learning example. I wasted my time watching a guy do something that we do twice a year.

6. ProCut_48

ProCut_48 LawnSite Member
    from michgan

i sold it with the mower that wb was hard to get parts for soo i sold it. but it was great when i had it. hows the proslide?

7. newlymowedlawns

from NC

I would have to reply to that and say actually no it is not. I wish you could have run a core plugger over it and seen your eyes bounce to how hard it was. There are about 30 houses in that neighborhood. All of them hard as a rock. I did the 1st one in there the last week in August and it looks like we have sodded it. The same day another guy ran a ryan core plugger over one at least 4 times with its little bitty holes and while we aeravated in one pass, seeded, fertilized and put out some straw and were gone while he scratched his head. Two weeks later guess who called his customer and we got that one too. I have now done 13 in that neighborhood with no advertisement except what you say in the video. So you answer your own question to if that is over kill. Thanks for the reply

8. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

I think its odd how some find this a waste of time, or overkill. Do I have one nope, I will get one. Those who down this thing cannot possibly do a lot of aeration and overseeding. When you use walk behinds of toe behinds and get sub-par results on condominiums its not good. Anything that can help you improve your offerings, or allow you to drop costs is a very important part of the industry learning.

9. newlymowedlawns

from NC

I posted this thread by request. Do you have an aeravator? I bet before you knew about an aeravator I guarantee you watched videos or someone actually using the machine. You would not believe how many people have pmd me wanting to know more info about them and haven't even heard or seen an aeravator before. I'm glad you know all there is. Next time someone pms me I will give them your name since you know everything.

10. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

I can't get over how that thing chews the ground up! Pretty awesome! We have dry, hard, clay soil here and a regular wb aerator bounces all over the place unless the moisture in the soil is just right. Too wet and it's a mud bog- too dry and you are bouncing. I'm definately gonna check these out.