Video and pics of Echo 650 and RedMax 8000 in action!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FrankenScagMachines, Nov 9, 2004.

1. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Here's a couple of pics and one video of one leaf job we did yesterday. I had two guys working for me yesterday afternoon, we did this and one other job yesterday. Started at this one at 2:20 (finished this one at 4:35) and finished at the other one at 6:30.
    First pic shows them working the piles over to the gulleys on the sides of the property (no hauling :) ) second pic shows the upper area already cleared, and the lower area they are working on. You can only see about half of the yard. Theres a bunch of bedspace and small areas to clear out around the house too. If we had to haul the leaves off of this job, it'd probably take two truckloads (12 yards each). The guys used the Echo 650 and RedMax 8000. I used the Kaw KRB400 (only 46 cc :cry: ) to do some of the beds, then i used the mowers to mulch the leaves going to the gulleys and push piles of leaves to gulleys. We don't mow this account but every year he has us do the leaves. We are definately faster with the new blowers! (Last year I had the Kaw 46cc and a Lesco one just like it also 46cc)

In the video, the guy on the right is using the Echo 650 and he is shaving off upper portions of piles to keep moving them, and the guy with the RedMax on the left is not moving as deep of leaves but you can still kinda see a difference. That RedMax really plows. They traded off on the blowers a couple times and when they were done (both first time using the blowers, one of them it was his first day with me), i asked which blower they preferred they said "RedMax! The Echo vibrates more" (I actually hadn't noticed honestly). Wish i had got more pictures but ran out of space on the camera (don't have a memory card yet). Anyway hope ya'll enjoy the pics and video. I'll try to get more...

:cool2:

The video was not the right size to upload here so i changed the file but now it's the wrong type. Just gave in and uploaded it to my server so just click the link. http://www.cuttingedgelawncare.biz/videos/Movie.wmv after it plays through once you may have to play it again to make it smooth out (after it has downloaded all the way).

2. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

sorry here's the pics. numero uno:

blowers in action 1.jpg

3. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

numero dos:

blowers in action 2.jpg

4. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

hey eric--is there any fish in that lake?

GEO :)

5. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

I'm sure there are, however we did not, fortunately, join them :) there are plenty of boats there in the summer. The people in this area have more money than just about any other part of the county (and more leaves too :) ). Some of them tell me to just send them a bill and don't even ask for a quote first. I like that because I don't have to worry about losing my shirt on a deal and its also good because on a bad day, the leaves can double so when i go for an estimate is not the same as when we get to it.

6. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

That Redmax looks BAD. I cant wait to try one.

7. slicklawns

slicklawns LawnSite Member

Franken do you find a big difference between the Redmax 7001 and the 8000?

8. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for showing that. Almost can't wait to get the 8000. Right now I have the 6200.
    ps- Don't you wear hearing protection when using the backpacks. My ears would be ringing for days if I didn't wear any. If you have earplugs in, I'll just shut up and go sit in the corner.

9. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Eric,

Do you mow that? If so, with what?

10. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Eric, are you still in school? If so, how can you be doing leaf jobs at this time of day?