Video Cd Marketing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by tiedeman, Jan 23, 2003.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

What is everybodies opinion on marketing by giving customers video cds? I have thought about starting this out as a marketing technique for this year, but I want to know if anybody has tried it and whether it was worth the money and time?

2. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

whats going to be in the video

3. progreen82

progreen82 LawnSite Member

we are considering using a VCR - Video Analysis of each lawn we estimate. You can get cheap vcr tapes, say 5 minutes at the following web site :

http://www.blankmedia.net/vhs-supplies.html

We think it will greatly increase our image. Must be short and sweet, and about THEIR property. NOT YOU - they dont give a HOOT about your propoganda. MAKE IT ABOUT THEM AND THEIR PROPERTY, video what THEY have and how YOU intend to improve it.

Scott
    LawnCo,.
    Atlanta,. Ga.

4. devildog

devildog LawnSite Senior Member
    from sc

Its a great new marketing approach, have had informal conversation with local firm, bit pricey for the moment. But, will be the way to market to specific target groups within the next 12-18 months (for us). Would like to get comparision pricing. Have also considered doing e-publishing and have toyed with this.....
    http://www.digitalpageauthor.com/default.asp With Regards... devildog

5. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

i considered this after i got a cd from u.s. lawns. if your tech savvy and have the proper tools it could be done cheap.. has anyone seen the u.s. lawns cd? it's crazy, looks like a cd but with the sides filed down.

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

The cd will have video clips of the company staff, different job sites, showing working, company history, services we offer, just a breif overview and presentation of what we do. I thought that it would be eye catching for a customer for they can actually see what we do.

7. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

I did a landscaping job this year for a woman who does this sort of thing for a living. She writes, produces and anything else that is needed for the project. She pounds these things out in no time, real amazing. It is hard to go one day without hearing her voice on the radio or TV or seeing something that she did not do or coordinante. Also, since she works by herself and from home, she is much less than anyother option or medium (singular for media) agency.

8. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

Tiedeman,

We use a CD as our business card. We have a self-extracting
    slide-showprogram on it. We break it down into diffrent slideshows. We only install pavers and retaining walls, therefore our slides show titles are as follows:

Before-N-After
    Patios
    Walls
    Walkways
    Raised Patios
    Driveways
    Steps
    Paver lights

Each slide show runs through and each photo contained stays on the screen 4 to 5 seconds. We also use classical music to go along with the pictures.

Let me know if you'd like one. I am happy to mail you a copy.

Peace,

Rex Mann

9. thegrasscatchers

thegrasscatchers LawnSite Member

We also have created a cd-rom that we give to good prospects. It contains a lot of pictures of drastic landscape changes, which is what we do most. I wanted to use the new digital video recorder this year to get some "in action" footage to add to it.

walter
    The Grass Catchers

10. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

We tried a demo of this once in a prior business.. everyone thought it was neat but no one wanted to use it because it was so small they were afraid it would get stuck in the CD Rom.