1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Video: Tanaka Extended Reach Grass Trimmer

Discussion in 'Tanaka' started by Tanaka, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Thats sweet! Happy New Year!! What are you getting for the long trimmer? Hows the New stuff coming along??

john

3. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Hi,
    The TBC-260PFL is listed at $429.99. The Inspire Design products will be here in May!

-MW

4. John Gamba

from ct

Cool.:waving:

5. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Hi,
    Here are the latest renderings of the THB-260PF and TBC-240PF....

-MW

240PF_1_8_082.jpg

THB-260PF_1_8_082.jpg

6. John Gamba

from ct

It looks good. i just got done using my thb2510 that i have had for at least 12 years. It kicks ass for a handheld. I will be looking to update the 2510 to get all the improvements on the new style.

Will the Connecticut dealers stock the new long shaft??? will the new long shaft look like the pics here?? What about your Back pack blowers???

John

7. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Nice to see a little video of it... But I just can't figure out why sooo much longer than a normal trimmer? Wouldn't 6 or 8 inches been plenty?

I must say, I got pretty excited when I first heard about this trimmer some time ago. I'm about 6'4", and though I'm accustomed to running a normal trimmer, I'm sure the pinch I get in my back sometimes I likely due to me being slightly bent over all the time. When I found out just how long it was hoping to be I thought maybe it was a typo.

Why not make a powerhead with a "split boom" and then offer several lengths of lower shafts? I would be much more temped to buy one if I could change the length if I didn't like it.

8. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Hi,
    Ct dealers can order the long shaft through our wholesaler:

GARDNER EAST
    106 Melrich Rd., Cranbury, NJ 08512 | Phone: (800) 521-6535 | Fax: (800) 626-4735 | Parts Orders / Tech Support: (800) 854-9273
    Territory: MA, NH, CT, VT, ME, RI, Long Island, NY

Also, eventually all the Tanaka products will carry the Inspire Design, but not this year. Just the THB-260PF, TBC-240PF, and chain saws TCS-3301PFS and TCS-3351PFS.

-MW

9. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Hi,
    I haven't heard 71" being too long, bu I agree, adjustable is the way to go. The reason it is 71" is because it is the same shaft length used on our pole saw.

-MW

10. John Gamba

from ct

I would like to try one first. even if its just to hold it in the store.

John