1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Video To Watch - Billy Goat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sean Adams, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Put the power of the Force™ behind your crew today with Billy Goat’s new Small Force Blower! At only 76lbs, the small Force™ is the lightest in its class with 2.5x more power than a backpack blower, but costs only a fraction more! No more “stopping and stooping” with Billy Goat’s Aim N Shoot™ feature. Adjust airflow continuously with your fingertips as you walk. The quiet operation of the Force™ is a welcome relief among users and in neighborhoods. You’ll be a hero operating the Force™.

Billy Goat’s next generation 27” KV Vac is ideal for smaller commercial property maintenance. The KV can easily shred debris with a large 5-blade serrated impeller. Bag zippers have been eliminated in favor of simple to use marine style clasps. An integral dust skirt keeps dust down and away from the operator’s face. Users love the TKV’s on-board chipper to clean up small branches along the way.

When it comes to property clean up, Billy Goat features a full line of product solutions for all your needs.

There is a video to watch this blower in action - worth the time for sure!

2. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Since lawnsite is free to users, and supported by advertisers, I'm not complaining about an ad in my PM box. But PM'ing members with what certainly appears to be just an ad and passing it off as a helpful tip you're trying to pass on doesn't do wonders for your credibility.

I'd reword this type of PM as being simply a new product introduction from a sponsor (nothing wrong with that) or just leave it as a sticky at the top of the forum.

But implying that it is being sent to members personal mailboxes only because it's so special you had to let us know about it, and that it somehow has your personal endorsement over dozens of other products that just happen not to be sponsors, as if it wasn't a paid ad (in some form or fashion), blurs the line somewhat between a personal message from lawnsite and shilling. Even the full page "enhancement" cream ads in the back of car magazines have to have "advertisement" at the top of the page to distinguish them from editorial content.
  3. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I see what you are saying and I can assure you my intentions were not to try and irritate or fool anyone. Truth is, I am still playing around with the effectiveness of sending pm's to all of th users of the site. Billy Goat did not push for this - I thought instead of sending a pm that said "Hi" at least this was something that made sense for everyone to look at and they may have interest in. I apologize if the message was interpreted the wrong way. In the future I can promise that if the pm is an ad I will make that clear.

Either way, you gotta admit that it is a well done video and it is a nice product. I genuinely was personally impressed with it which is why I chose to send that - not a personal endorsement per say, just hoping it was helpful info.

I respect your opinion and what you are saying and I will keep this in mind in the future for sure.
  4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

And I thought the reason he had sent me the PM was because I am a Billy Goat user, which isn't to say I am dumb enough to believe I was the only one he sent a pm to, and sure it costs money but to me those were minor issues when the bottom line was that I thought somebody actually cared.

And I have two blowers so I hardly need another one, much less an under powered one like that,
    but again I was willing to set all that aside, no big deal, I was more like hey thanks for thinking of me!

Now to find out it wasn't even based on that sure is a disappointment.
    I guess I should have known better, but the stupidity behind it all is I have to agree, when from a profitability standpoint these folks would be better off not having sent the dumb letters in the first place.

What if I had bought that blower, then found out about this?
    And you might think I would have been awful pissed off, and it might have got to me, no argument.
    On the other hand I could have also figured to just let it work itself out, seeing how it wasn't my doing.

Don't you folks ever stop to think what this does to you, that is, in terms of the compromise?
    Yin and Yang doesn't mean anything to you, that somehow, somewhere all of this still adds out?

5. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I don't see anything wrong with sending the PM's. Personally, I enjoyed the video and I like the new blower from Billy Goat. Keep sending the Pm's, Sean. Thanks for trying to keep me up to date on new products.
  6. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

i personally hate the PM's, i didnt even check mine and im still looking at the video. if is saw the pm, i never would have. take it for what thats worth. it simply seems like one more unwanted solicitation i dont want, like the phone call from MY band asking me about home equity loans..... if i wanted one i would have called, not to mention the called 6 months ago for the same thing