Videos on Youtube?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by kgcs, Jun 27, 2010.

?

Will videos on youtube help your company?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. I don't know

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  1. kgcs

kgcs LawnSite Senior Member

Will putting videos on youtube help your company?

Here are a few examples of mine.

2. kgcs

bump bump bump

3. kgcs

Any body have feedback?

4. kgcs

anyone have feedback?

5. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

um, i guess it is interesting. more like a glorified slide show. not something i think is going to be of use on you tube, maybe your website

6. Clark Griswold

Clark Griswold LawnSite Senior Member

If I turn on a VID and it's just a slideshow with no audio or just music, I turn it right off!

Say something about your services, tell us something about your business!

Clark

7. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Marketing your company on Youtube will be very hard. You are putting up a couple videos amoung millions of others. Youtube isn't something that is separated by location either, so that makes it even harder to get your company videos out there.

You also have to look at how many people go onto youtube to find lawn care companies...there are probably not that many people out there that do that....most probably do their research for lawn care companies via google or the like, not youtube.

For example, if I were to need a lawn care company....the first place I would think about looking (online) would be google. I'd do a search on google/yahoo/etc., and find my local lawn companies. I really would have never thought about looking on google.

Youtube is a great way to show off things to people but not really that great for advertising.

8. kgcs

Thanks for the responses.
    The main reason I put them on youtube was because my host does not allow videos to be hosted. So, the will be on my site soon. Also, when you search on google for lawn care in our area, our videos pull up a result. I just though it would be better reconginition.

9. coughlin47

coughlin47 LawnSite Member

I'm not into this business, but I'm a residential home owner who uses various landscaping services over the year. I do online searches via Google and Switchboard and I try to find a web site for the company. I do think it is important to have a web presence, and a way to contact other than telephone. (personally, I also like to see a separate domain name and email address other than hotmail - but that's just my opinion of course. ). And, with social networking expanding, I think sites like Facebook and Youtube are nice 'extras' - if it doesn't take a lot of time, then the more advertising and exposure the better.

10. kgcs

thats what i was thinking