Villa and Son

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Landscape Poet, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

I am shocked that nobody has brought this up here yet, but it is raining like hell and I am out for a little while so I thought I would see what you guys thought. Villa and son is preparing itself for sale.
    With VC gobbling up nanak's landscape ....can they possibly take on Villa and Son too?

http://www.turfmagazine.com/blog-331.aspx

Would this be a good thing for the industry? I ask because they could control so much of the market they should be more effecient enough to offer steep discount rates if they want...but if they are that big...they will control enough of the work that they could potentially raise rates in the commercial world because they would control much of the market. Don't know but it would be interesting, your guys thoghts.

By the way - any insiders know what color VC is going to use. I have seen many of their trucks with the VC on them still painted in the blue. I figure they will keep their traditional red but who knows. Either way if they take on Villa and Son too, that is going to be a sea of red or a sea of blue!

2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Mickey

I am sure VC got a great deal because I had heard Villa was going to file bankruptcy but keep the Tree farms which is a separate Corporation.

But this also goes back to My thread about buy outs and how the larger the take over the more problems. Lower VC management is in for one heck of a lot of ass chewing meeting.

3. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

this is how they became the biggest landscape company in the country

4. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Hell yeah I may just throw in the towel and go work for VC the way things are going around here.

5. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

just goes to show the bigger they are the harder they fall... i wonder if the owners sucked whatever they can out of the company anticipating a bankruptcy?

6. Landscape Poet

I guess the real question is who is going to buy them (Villa)? The reason that Villa claims they are selling is the economy crushed them....would you buy someone out in this market in the current conditions?

7. Landscape Poet

You know Spanish well enough?

8. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I know Spanglish!

9. Landscape Poet

10. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm guessing all the trucks will be relettered and all new t-shirts for the employee's. New name same owner.