Vinyl Graphics for Fert Trailer Cost......

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by LIBERTYLANDSCAPING, Mar 18, 2010.

1. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I've got a 16x7 enclosed fert trailer needing lettered up. Was going to do both sides & back. 2 color vinyl (NOT a wrap, or printed graphics) consisting of large logo, some services listed, phone & web site. I've got quotes for ~$1,200 designed & installed. Does this seem high to you? Seems high to me:confused: Possibly I'm in the wrong business?

I'd get a few more quotes, but everyone wants to see it, measure it & lay it out first-taking a few days..... Seems like I could at least get a rough idea without going through all that crap.

Anyone else had recent experiences with lettering similar sized vehicle & have a ballpark on what it cost?

2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

it does seem a little high. check with TKO Graphic's in Plainfield. they have done several trucks for me. my pick-up was about $800 and they are doing my box truck for around $900 installed. they do great work!

3. SeedPro

SeedPro LawnSite Bronze Member

I lettered my 20 x 8.5 last year with large name on sides, and back, and a wrap of grass about 18" tall around the bottom of the sides and back.

Mines also double layered because it has shading and to do that they print a black background to match the lettering and its offset to one side to make the shade effect.

I paid 1400 installed.

4. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

from Indiana

OK, Now those prices don't sound sooo far off. Seems like I saw somebody on here with same size trailer saying they got them done for $300 & installed themselves?

5. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

from Indiana

Be a little far for me... I'm right on the Michigan line...

6. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

So if you are cheap--buy the stick-on vinyl letters at Office Max or order the letters online in the size you need. Try to mount 'em straight and spelled right.

7. SeedPro

I forgot to mention mine has the phone number three times of course and also the website three times.

1200 for the best advertising you can buy is well worth it.

My trailer has smooth sides on it. Trailers with rivets need the rivets removed then re installed over the vinyl for a proper job.

8. Maple Wood

Maple Wood LawnSite Senior Member

9. SeedPro

250 to print all that?

Bull crap.

Post the receipt and I'll believe you.

10. SeedPro

Maybe I'll believe you. Probably not.

That's an awful lot of vinyl for 250 especially since you have a logo the size of a picture window.