1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Vinyl Lettering on OPEN trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Kenb2920, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Kenb2920

Kenb2920 LawnSite Member

There seem to be lots of photos with enclosed trailers and their wraps.

Please post photos of your OPEN trailer with letters/numbers. There doesn't seem to be many out there.

My debate is spending $20 for the basic vinyl or stepping up to the premium for $35. Or do I step up from there and get premium reflective vinyl for $45. I would need/want (4). Two phone numbers and two company names. So, $80 vs. $180. Is it worth it? Seems to add up in price fast for something simple. 4" letters.

Any ideas of your trailers please post a photo. I want to put the letters inside the "C" channel.

2. Tex's Mowing

Tex's Mowing LawnSite Member

I run the open trailers with the 4-5 ft sided. I had a piece of sheet metal welded to the sides for my names and number. Basically sent my business card to a sticker shop, and they printed the front onto a sticker so it looks like the business cards. Let me see what I can get for you on a picture.

3. Tex's Mowing

Tex's Mowing LawnSite Member

Here you go.

20140210_160303.jpg

20140212_135139.jpg

4. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

We don't have our open trailers lettered simply because the are always attached to a heavily lettered truck. Also out open trailers are for larger equipment such as skidsteers, ctl's, and mini excavators. I would rather have plenty of unsigned-obstructive spaces for side loading and chain tie downs. But if you could find a way to do lettering I absolutely would. The lettering on our trucks and enclosed trailers pay for themselves each year over and over.

5. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

really? you get a lot of customers from lettering on trucks?

6. Kenb2920

Kenb2920 LawnSite Member

This is kind of the boat I am in. I hall my tractor majority of the time. I carry various equipment and rarely throw sided on. This is why I was thinking of lettering the "C" channel. I use my truck for personal use and don't want letters on my truck.

7. locallawncare.ca

locallawncare.ca LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Here is mine, got some cheapo vinyl letters online and put them on myself, I upgraded to a black outline which basically doubles the price but overall they are still very affordable. In reality though the trailer is never alone, so I feel the truck lettering is more important, I need to get my truck professionally done, just have some vinyl letter on it like the trailer in the pic, but I like they way it looks, very easy to read from a distance or while driving. Oh I have a sign I got made for the back, also online and very affordable.

IMG_1370.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

8. MDHomeSVCS

MDHomeSVCS LawnSite Member

Where did you get the rear sign made? Mind sharing what you paid?

Thanks!

9. AnythingCanHappe

AnythingCanHappe LawnSite Member

This is what I did. Cost is like nothing. Just bought plexiglass and put letters on the inside and screwed them to my wood sides.

[​IMG]

10. TTS

TTS LawnSite Senior Member

I had a large metal sign made that attaches to the tailgate and pretty much covers the whole thing. Sign is 3 foot by 4 foot. I'll post a picture when I'm on my computer
    Posted via Mobile Device