Vinyl on Trucks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cookslandscaping18, Mar 17, 2010.

1. cookslandscaping18

cookslandscaping18 LawnSite Member

I was thinking about getting my trucked vinyled this year. The only thing is i dont now if i removed them if it would leave an imprint in my door. Just wanted to see what other people thought about it

2. superrman77

superrman77 LawnSite Member

No you can take it off but there is an art to it. You will also have to buy some adhesive remover. A lot of people take it off and they think their paint has faded but that is the adhesive. If you buy a good remover It will look like it never had any stickers on it.

3. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

I removed the letters on a truck I sold last winter. They had been on there for about 5 years. As mentioned you need an adhesive remover. After that I waxed and buffed the truck and it looked like it had never been lettered.

4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

If you have an extended cab or crew cab truck, just put the letters on the side windows for the back seat.

5. RodneyK

RodneyK LawnSite Senior Member

I had some graphics/lettering on a white truck for about three years. No issues once removed. I used a hair dryer to heat the vinyl/adhesive up and then it peels right off. Left very little residue that I was able to remove with cleaner wax. Did not need an adhesive remover but maybe that method works better. The hair dryer worked pretty slick.

6. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i have used a heat gun to remove lettering from my dads ruck when they changed the business name

7. Southern Elegance

Southern Elegance LawnSite Member

most sign companies that do wraps, use a quick release vinyl. they heat it up with a hand held tourch and it comes right off. the sign companies i use do many wraps and un\wraps, change mine ever 2-3 year clean as can be when taken off

8. Zak's Pro. Lawn Care

Zak's Pro. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

i bought magnet signs for side and back of my truck and think that is the best way to got because you can take them off anytime without worrying about marks etc and if you ever have to dump anything big at a garbage dump you can take off the signs and you are not charged for a commercial dump price but just the regular price

9. Southern Elegance

Southern Elegance LawnSite Member

magnets will ruin your paint if left on for extended periods

10. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Being a Professional detailer it can leave etching, but a good buffing compound will take it out then wax and problem solved...