Vinyl Siding

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by ericlemson, Apr 19, 2007.

1. ericlemson

ericlemson LawnSite Member

I am looking to pressure wash my house. Its a ranch style with siding. I have a cheap $100-150 pressure washer. What chemicals should I use to clean it? Do these chemicals spray on or do you attach them to the pressure washer somehow?

Obviously I don't want to spend a few hundred on a new pressure washer. Can it be done with my cheapo?

Thanks!

2. squirtgun

squirtgun LawnSite Member

Yes it can be done with the machine you have.It will take a little while,but it's doable.

Since you most likely don't have the chemicals on hand that a pressure washing service uses.I would recommend household bleach and laundry detergent.

How do you plan on applying the chems to the house?Once I know that I can help you figure concentrations.

3. ericlemson

Sorry for the delayed response, I was out of town. I guess I would just apply them with a spray bottle of some sort. Im not sure if there would be an easier method.

4. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Bleach will work without me seeing this is best i can do,it will probably take hand labor with a brush and soft scrub or dawn try the bleach with a hand sprayer dilute it with water first start at the bottom and work your way up to prevent streaking.

5. ericlemson

Any potential plant/turf damage with those kind of chemicals?

6. squirtgun

squirtgun LawnSite Member

Not if you wet them before you start,while you clean and again after you finish.Then when you think you have wet them enough do it 2 more times.

You can use a pump up sprayer to apply chems.