1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Vinyling an enclosed, opinions wanted!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Lynden-Jeff, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Just picked up a black 20 ft enclosed trailer. My vinyl guy insists that the most professional way to vinyl the trailer is to remove the scrulox screws, vinyl and then put them back. He says if you don't do it that way, the vinyl will eventually fade and crack around the screws. Has anyone done it this way? I don't think you would really notice the screws and it would probably be the best for installation. How did you guys do it? Also feel free to post up pics of your trailers.

2. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I asked that question to the people doing mine, and they said the only time would be when its reflective, and a wrap can just go over them as they stretch. just was i was told, and i have very little experience with this subject so others please speak up.
  3. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

That might be why mine is not supposed to go over, because it is just vinyl. not a whole wrap. Any more input would be appreciated!

4. miketull8

miketull8 LawnSite Member

well, I like to pull all the screws and apply the vinyl....then I use a dab of dish soap on the vinyl where the screw is going to go back in over the vinyl....I think the look is much better than the "bump" over the screw.