VIP membership

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by k911lowe, Jun 23, 2008.

1. k911lowe

k911lowe LawnSite Senior Member

i didn't notice any VIP members forum.most forums have them,unless of course you want to be the only VIP.
  2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

What would constitute a member for being a VIP? How would this be decided? Number of posts? - not a good thing to base it on that i don't think. Everyone is equal here. What would be the benefits of adding a VIP section? Not trying to squash your idea, just interested in hearing more.
  3. A-Land

A-Land LawnSite Senior Member

lol Chestnut Oaks is a VIP
  4. k911lowe

k911lowe LawnSite Senior Member

i agree in equality also.just saw it on other sites and wondered if it was a good far as the qualifications i guess it wood come from all the members in form of suggestion.that way it will still be equal.i think.i hope that answered your question.
  5. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

how do you judge qualifications? They used to have a "secret" section here that was invite only. and while its neat and all, its pretty much totally useless.

Just like the off topic, religion, and politics sections.

What would the benefits of a VIP section be????

How would a VIP section benefit the members at large here....Really not much benefit can be had. IMO.
  6. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

I think if their were a VIP section or group in here it would only give the big mouth; cant never be wrongs in here, more of a reason to join it only to stick in other peoples faces that don't belong to it. "Ha..I'm so rite all the time" that's why I'm in the VIP group and your not! :angry:
  7. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

The only VIP types I have seen is reserved for members who donate money to the site
  8. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

as long as its getting revenue from ads, I won't donate...:)
  9. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

I would agree that we do not need to have a VIP section. As Jodi stated, all the members here are considered equal and having a VIP section would be trying to separate that equality.
  10. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

We didn't ask.:laugh: Talking about other sites