vipor vs z master

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Downeast, Jan 29, 2002.

1. Downeast

Downeast LawnSite Bronze Member

I was wondering what you people would have to say on buying a 17hp kawi 44" z1oo series Toro vs a, Lesco viper 19hp kawi 48".
    The price is close enough to not be a factor , but the toro is last years model and 500.00 cheaper as sits .I havent tried to beat them down at Lesco . I am just starting out this year . Your opinions and advice will be appericiated .

2. I have a friend who has the lesco its i think 52inch but i might be wrong about that
    He used his all this past season and loves it says it cuts great.
    Hes had no problem in the first season useing it.
    Hes a solo operator and thats the only ztr he has.

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

ive heard good and bad about the viper on here. some people say its total junk, and others say they love em. i looked at them, and they seemed ok, but i bought a lazer instead. just from hearing others comments on here, id say stick with the toro.

4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

dont know lesco much . the toro u mentioned has homeowner deck. check an see if the spindles are home owner or like the 200 has or commercial.i believe i could take care of the deck if it was good enough cut to start with. later now.

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I would stay with Toro. I think long term it would serve you well.

6. C4chris70

C4chris70 LawnSite Senior Member

I would go with the Toro. The vipers look like well built machines, however in my area Lesco only has a mechanic in the shop a couple times a month. Could lead to some major down time. If you decide to go with Lesco, make sure the support is there.

7. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

IF, it were to be a bad running machine

note; i own neither.

8. I've owned a ZTR and a WB from Byers Gold/AKA Lesco.
    They are well designed, maybe even over engineered machines.
    But the components don't necessairily work all that well together.
    Though I'd think they'd have most of the bugs worked out by now.

But having all the right instruments don't make an orchestra.

Toro with all it's background and expertise performs like a symphony.
    They can actually engineer down a component to give you exactly what's required.

So Lesco will sell you more mower, the Toro will work better.

I have some of each.

Dave

9. Downeast

I would like to thank everyone for their replies to my thread and e-mails.They all helped .
    It was also a help to read the replies to scagmans post " what wheels to buy " . I am going to get the Toro. As much as it pains me I am going to spend the extra bucks and get the Toro z 19hp52".Instead of the 17hp44". The extra 8" for time ,the commercial deckfor dependabilityand resale, and the extra two hp. for what it is . Thanks again all .

10. Downeast

Correction to be made.
    It was the replies to david griggs post "$$$ of exmark that tipped the scales for me . I read scagmans post and found it interesting , but it did not apply to my post .Thanks again all