1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Virginia Beach

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by economiclawncare, May 19, 2004.

1. George Mason

George Mason LawnSite Member

Man, the 757 is alive and well on this board huh! This rain just won't stop will it, I can't imagine it's any better/worse down there than it is up here in central VA. Really bad storms going on tonight.

2. VirginiaLawnCare

VirginiaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

They keep saying storms but I cant find them. Just a little light rain and maybeeee a little lightning. Or a down poor for 5 minutes and its done.

3. old oak lawn

old oak lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Running all most 1 full day behind. Looks like we will be working all day Saturday:cry:

4. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Somebody is pricing lawns @ 24.99 in Va. Beach. Not me either. We are at 40. I'm in the process of developing a plan to counter this invasion of lowballing. BTW My name is Dewain Koester owner of Extremely Green Inc. Hope you guys are doing great. Are you'll finding these low pricing people also.

5. old oak lawn

old oak lawn LawnSite Senior Member

We are at $35.00 min. for a small lawn in a neighborhood within our current route. Out side a neighborhood in route min $50.00. any less will cost me $$. Trying to work my way to 90% commercial work.:waving:

6. VirginiaLawnCare

I haven't really ran into the low people but Its obviously hurting me this year because I haven't got the calls this year like I always do. I still got my normal people that I do every year but the new people have been few and far between. I went to KW1 to pick up mulch the other day and I couldn't believe there were 10 other companies in there picking up mulch. But its all good in my book competition is healthy plus half of them will be gone mid summer.

7. George Mason

George Mason LawnSite Member

Same here... and they are calling for potential storms rolling through Central VA then!*trucewhiteflag*

8. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

i havent seen the $24.99 company yet. We cut a couple lawns in the rain yesterday. got to get them done. 21 on the route today and we are starting yard #11 now. (currently at lunch)

9. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Maybe after we all get caught up we could hit lunch sometime. Hope to see you'll around sometime. I drive a cobalt blue 2007 dodge ram 1500 with a hemi. If you guys want to make money growing plants get them from Cold Stream Farm. The trees come to you bareroot and are small but super cheap. Just grow them up and use them in a landscape install or just sell them. I know alot about propagation of various plants and if you want to learn or interested just let me know. I'll help you get started no problem. You guys have a great weekend. Gonna be a long day tommorrow.

10. VirginiaLawnCare

I drive a ford lightning with licence plate F A HEMI ;) I know you wernt talking to me but i couldn't help myself when i saw hemi :)