1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Virginia Beach

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by economiclawncare, May 19, 2004.

1. NewBlood

NewBlood LawnSite Member

32" is exactly what i need, get into those small fences, would it come with bag, mulch kit ect.. also are you out of virginia beach? im also not familiar with the brand " encore " thanks

2. NewBlood

NewBlood LawnSite Member

Va Beach born and raised I made a killing last summer so im looking to get some more equipment so i can be more effective and fast, Im trying to have a full time business by 20

3. Truitt Lawn Maintenance

Truitt Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

have u looked on craigslist? what size trailer do u have and current equipment? i have a 6x14 open trailer and a 42" toro z. depending on if i get a job that i bid for this year i might invest in another z at least a 50".

4. NewBlood

NewBlood LawnSite Member

i have a small 4 x 6 im still in thew process of getting legit , insurance , taxes ect.. im still learning how to do contracts and im just trying to be smart when building my business. I would really like to go to commercial accounts but i cant until im legit and its tough to get those. Resedantial is serving me fine though.
    My equipment
    Honda commercial 21 "
    stihl, husqavarna, and ecco weedeaters
    kawaski pressure washer
    couple back pack blowers for fun
    stihl residential style hedge trimmer and a commercial extended one to get the tall bushes
    and hopefully a walk behind mower soon

dont want to be rude or anything but what do you pay in insurance and where to you go im trying to get the best

5. VirginiaLawnCare

VirginiaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone a certified Pesticide Applicator? You will have to prove you are certified. I am working on a big contract and I am looking to sub that side out. It is ALL in Virginia Beach but it is not small work you will need some time as it is a huge contract. If anyone in interested let me know and I can give you more details on it...

6. Truitt Lawn Maintenance

are you having trouble finding insurance or anything? if so pm me and ill recomend the people that i use. they are not bad. hey i hear ya about starting out small and being smart about your investments and trying to pay them off and such. good for you doing all that at 20y/o. i started about then and i am really glad i did. i dont do it full time but sometimes i wish i did. let me know if you need anything or have any questions.

7. Truitt Lawn Maintenance

8. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

Smith Lawn & Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Newblood yes it does come with a bagger and mulching kit. And im out of Portsmouth,Va but i do service some of Vb.

9. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

New blood Pm me so we can talk about the insurance quotes i get really good deals and will gladly help you out.

10. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

Virginia i was about to pm you for some info to the pest app contract til i noticed that it expired a couple of weeks ago. :hammerhead: I have been so busy with cleanups and landscape jobs i let it slip up.