Virginia Beach

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by economiclawncare, May 19, 2004.

1. tidewaterlawnmaintenance

tidewaterlawnmaintenance LawnSite Member

we are still tied up with a few of the foreclosed homes but besides that we aren't really doing anything, no one has called us for any clean ups

2. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

Smith Lawn & Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

just alot of leaf clean ups i dont have any fancy way of cleaning them up just with a blower and leaf rake just like you. I have been however looking at the trac vac systems thinking about getting one of them to mount on my z mower for next fall clean-up. I think it would save time and be alot more efficient. What do u think about them?

3. bigclawnman

bigclawnman LawnSite Member

Yeah I have heard about them. Not sure if I have an opinion as of yet on them. Sounds like a good idea, anything beats the old blower and rake routine. Thinking about buying one of the big vacs and maybe using a used dump bed with an enclosure next year. Depends on the real important part....money. What have you heard about your system?

Big C.

4. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

other than the fact that they cut time and half which is a major part in this business, depending on what model u want it does different things. Im actually goin to my dealer and get some more info on them I will let u know something soon.

5. bigclawnman

Yeah that would be cool. Let me know what they say. Very interested. How long you been in business?

6. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

been in business for about a year and a half. You?

7. bigclawnman

Been in business part time for about 1 1/2 then this past July went full time. You still plenty busy?

8. bigclawnman

Anyone going to the Mid-Atlantic Horticulture Short course in Jan '08. Heard it was supposed to be pretty good. I think i am going, just not sure what events I will attending.

9. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

When and where is it going to be at? sounds good to me. Ive been busy with lawn clean ups thats about it. How about u u still got a lot of business?

10. bigclawnman

The convention or short course, Is going to be in Virginia Beach at the Founders Inn on Jan 27 - Feb 1 ,2008. Not sure of the expenses though. YOu can pick up a copy of the procure at Lesco's (that is where I got mine). I meight even have a phone number somewhere if you need it.

I have been busy trimmjing hedges and picking up leaves. I did one yard the other day, 45 bags of leaves. I need one of those leaf vacs pronto. You ever get any information about that?